Here’s Part 1.
12. Test. Everything. A lot. You have to make sure that everything works just as you want it to to deliver the best customer experience.
13. Under-promise and over-deliver. This will pleasantly surprise your customers e.g. saying that shipping will take two days but delivering in one day.
14. Before payment is processed, do not distract the customer with registration, newsletter sign-up forms, or whatever else. Your first priority is to get her money!
15. Encourage impulse buying.
16. Play with the wording of your add-to-cart buttons. “Add to cart” is a nice non-threatening way to encourage adding items as some feel “order” or “buy” is too much of a commitment.
17. Use the best product photos possible. Addinf a 360 degree product view may also work.
18. Offer a strong guarantee.
19. Make the font on your product copy readable.
20. Make sure your buy button is big enough to be seen and clicked on.
21. Make sure the title tag on each product page is unique and reflects what is on the page.