DukaPress 2.0 is finally here! After a week or so of intensive testing. we’re pleased to announce the release of the latest and greatest version of DUkaPress!
Without much further ado, grab your copy now!
The New Features
So, are you ready for these?
- Tons of bugfixes. We hope we caught them all, or at least the big ones. 🙂
- There is a new widget that lets you put DukaPress products in your sidebar, or any widget area on your site. You can put products with/without a thumbnail and/or the add to cart button. More about this here.
- The code is fully internationalized and should be easy to translate into your own language. We’ve included the translation files for Swahili (spoken in East Africa) for starters.*
- The checkout fields are now verified – meaning that someone wanting to checkout has to actually fill them and provide a valid email address. We hope this reduces spam greatly.
- User registration – the plugin automatically creates a new user for your site whenever someone checks out. More about this here.
- Customer order logs – there is a new shortcode, [dp_order_log], which creates a customer order log if put on a page or post. Your customers (if registered) can view their past orders on this page. More here.
- It is now possible to order the products produced by the grid as either ascending, descending, or randomly. More here
- The currency code is now shown on the invoice PDF document generated with each order. The PDF has also been spruced up a bit.
- The order log in the admin side is now paginated for easier management of large shops.
- The admin-side CSS had a bug that affected some things on the WordPress back end. This has been fixed.
To support DukaPress, we’re also adding the option to buy premium addons. DukaPress will forever be free, do not worry about that. And we will see to it that the free version can very easily support a simple shop without forcing you to purchase upgrades – we promise you that. The addons are just things that would be cool/nice/useful but which are not really needed for a basic shop. We already have two addons ready for you:
Again, these premium addons are meant to enable us to support the DukaPress project and keep investing time and resources into making DukaPress the most simple and most powerful WordPress e-commerce platform. We ask you to support us in our endeavor to do this.
Please enjoy DukaPress 2.0 🙂
* We’re no language experts and our Swahili translation may benefit greatly from the input of a true expert.