If you’ve been keeping up with what we have been upto, you will (by now) know that DukaPress 2.3 has been in an extremely long beta testing period. It is my great pleasure to announce that we’re now ready to release DukaPress 2.3 into the world.
The New Stuff
- We’ve enhanced DukaPress security greatly by making it impossible for people to order items that are out of stock or to order more items than the inventory quantity.
- We’ve introduced a “Buy Now” button that redirects directly to the checkout page. Click here to learn how to use this button.
- We introduced a “Buy Now” button that redirects directly to PayPal instead of taking you to the checkout page. Click here to learn how to use this button.
- We’ve added some DukaPress stuff to the admin bar so that managing your shop becomes easier.
- Added new shortcodes. These are shortcodes to display product image only, product information only and one that displays the cart inside a product. Learn about them by clicking here.
- Added the ability for shop admins to edit the content of emails sent out to customers from within DukaPress settings. You can click here to read the documentation and learn about this.
- Updated timthumb.php to fix numerous security vulnerabilities associated with it.
The number of bug fixes have been too many too count. However, here are the major ones:
- Fixed the inventory threshold mechanism. Now you actually do get emails when stock is running low.
- Fixed the bug where if you clicked “empty cart” you were always redirected to home page.
- AlertPay and WorldPay now work correctly.
- Fixed the problem of “SalePriceLabel1” errors on internet explorer.
- Fixed and spruced up the “inquiry mode”
This version of DukaPress would NOT be possible without the help of the following (in no particular order):
Well, enjoy DukaPress 2.3. You can get it here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/dukapress/