The DukaPress Simple Slider is a Premium Addon for DukaPress that can be purchased here.
The simple slider is a WordPress plugin that you install in addition to DukaPress.
Important Note If You Are Uploading Via FTP: If you upload the plugin via FTP, it may not work and give critical errors. This is not a bug in the plugin itself and can be very easily solved by chossing your FTP transfer type to be “binary” and then re-uploading the slider plugin. See this.
Once installed, the simple slider is ready for use!
The first thing you’ll want to do after you’ve installed the plugin is to configure the settings. In WordPress admin, you should see a new menu item named “Slider” bearing the DukaPress icon. Go to Slider>Settings, and you should see several user-configurable settings that you can modify.
Please note that the DukaPress Simple Slider allows you to use images form one of two sources:
- Images that you upload
- Images that are attached to your posts/products. This works by calling images from your posts/products. Therefore, for it to work, your posts/products must have images attached to them.
1. Upload Images
When you select the images to use to be “Upload Images” then when you visit the images tab (the images option on the Slide menu item in WordPress admin) you will see that you are able to upload images for use in your slideshow.
Next, you’ll want to do is upload some images. Make sure that all images you upload have the same, or larger, image dimensions as you specified in the settings (default is 300×200 pixels). The plugin will take care of resizing the images if they are too large.
After that, you may want to give each image a link. If an image has a URL assigned to it, then when it comes through in the slideshow, the user will be able to click on the link. Simply type the URL into the “Image Links To” column, and click “Update”.
2. Pull Images From Content
When you select the images to use to be “Pull from content” then when you visit the images tab (the images option on the Slide menu item in WordPress admin) you will see some settings that you can configure:
These options are:
- Select Content Type – select whether you want the images to be pulled from blog posts or products
- Show Slideshow from Categories – if this is “Yes” then the slideshow will show images from the category (below)
- Enter Category ID – the category IDs to be used if you have selected the images to come from certain categories. You need to input Category IDs here (Seperate multiple with commas).
- Enter Post ID of Individual Products/Posts – in case you want the slideshow to pull images from specific posts/products instead of a whole category, then put the Post ID here (separate multiple with commas).
- Number of Images to show in Slideshow
Viewing The SlideShow
To get the Simple Slider to show on your theme, use this shortcode anywhere on your site: