Localization bugs (Add to cart, Checkout link, PDF invoice, Stock management)

Home Forums Bugs Localization bugs (Add to cart, Checkout link, PDF invoice, Stock management)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marion

Hi,

I’m using the WPML plugin to localize my website (English as default language, and French). I’ve added the few GetText calls that were missing in dp-cart.php and sorted out pretty much everything, in terms of localization.

Everything except these 4 problems, that seem to me like bugs:

1. When I’m on the French version of the shop, and I click “Add to cart”, the Shopping Cart widget displays in English (I need to refresh the page to make it show in French).

2. When I’m on the French version of the shop, and I click “Go to checkout”, I land on the English Checkout page. Then when I make payment (for example Bank transfer in advance), the Thank you page also displays in English (since I’m coming from the English Checkout page).

3. When I manage to display the Thank you page in French (by pasting the order id at the end of the French page’s URL, like this ?id=20120620170317), and I click on the Download invoice link, the invoice shows in English.

4. Stock management is weird : when I translate a product into French, it adds a new Product ID in the database so it’s considered as 2 different products (instead of considering it’s just a French version). Then if I buy a product from the French shop, the “French stock” is lessened by 1, but not the English one…

Thank you very much for your help on this.
    Marion

Marion

Hi, anyone here to answer my questions?

Thanks a lot!

Wambere

Hello.

I am sorry, I really cannot help very much at this point – it seems WPML and DukaPress are clashing in some way. I know this does not do anything to help you out, but I am looking at how WPML works to try and figure it out.

Could you possibly try another language plugin?

Marion

Hi Wambere,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can’t use another language plugin because I paid for it, and my whole site has already been translated with it.

However, I’ve been in touch with the WPML team and they propose you something: they work with plugin authors to work out the compatibility issues. They are ready to join forces with you and work together to solve any compatibility problem.

They asked me to contact you and ask if you are ready to work with them.

Here’s some info about their program:
    http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Please let me know if you are interested.
    Thanks a lot,
    Marion

wham

We’d be happy to work on this with them.

Marion

Hi Wham,

Sorry I hadn’t seen your reply until today. Too bad we don’t get alert emails whenever someone replies to a post.

So if you agree to work with them, please fill in the form at the bottom of this page and it will reach the right person:
    http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

And please keep me posted.
    Thanks a lot 🙂
    Marion

Wambere
    Keymaster

Thanks, done 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.
© 2024 DukaPress. All rights reserved.
Design By Madoido.