Micro Pay & Credit Buying

Home Forums Miscellaneous Micro Pay & Credit Buying

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lyd

Some time ago there was a discussion requesting Micro Pay & Credit buying functions. I was wondering if this is being implemented and how soon. Am getting requests for this. Can you give me any ideas as to how to do this?

Deena
    January 2, 2011 at 4:05 am
    Hi, I’d really like a micropay type option, where I could ‘sell’ customers the ability to put any amount (like $20 credit) in their account and then pick up items over time that add up to the amount on account.

Kelvin
    January 2, 2011 at 1:59 pm
    Wow, this is pretty interesting. Could you flesh out the idea some more? Thanks.

Igor
    January 2, 2011 at 2:05 pm
    I think there are some carts that offer this kind of “credit buying”, my 2 cents is to have a membership approach, where people will need to create a profile, and then buy credits so that the cart may tie in the purchase with an existing email account that’s already in the system.

Deena
    January 3, 2011 at 1:38 am
    They’d need an account anyway, because I want them to be able to download what they buy over and over again, but a membership–at least the membership plugins I’ve seen–would tie them into receiving a certain thing (access to a member area with premium content, for instance), whereas I want them to be able to choose what they spend their credit on.

Deena
    January 3, 2011 at 1:36 am
    Thanks! I like being interesting.
    I sell ebooks. Most of them are a reasonable price, between 7 and $12 depending on length. However, I’d like to start selling shorter works, but if I were buying them, I wouldn’t want to hit my bank account up for 75 cents here and 2.50 there. I’d rather have credit on account so I can put in 20.00 and buy 15 short stories over time. It could work like a gift certificate, except the credit would go to the buyer rather than to someone else. Fictionwise did a lot of business with their micropay system, but they’ve shut it down, so I think there’s a niche that needs filling.

Eva Isotalo
    January 2, 2011 at 4:08 pm
    Excellent idea!

wham

I remember this idea! We haven’t really gotten to doing it though.

To achieve it you’d need:
    -To create a record attached to the users which would show how much he/she has prepaid and is unused in his account.
    -When they pay by PayPal, the amount goes into the above record.
    -It can then be used to fund purchases

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Micro Pay & Credit Buying’ is closed to new replies.
© 2024 DukaPress. All rights reserved.
Design By Madoido.