Variation options not deleting

Home Forums Bugs Variation options not deleting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Sefton

I am trying to delete a set of product variations that I no longer want the user to select. However, from the admin panel, I select “delete” and the physical options disappear, but the entire drop-down options entity remains.

There is still a blank box in the admin products page with just “delete” written, and a confusing looking blank drop down option left on the page for the customer:
    http://officialwarchild.com/products/dark-hunter-soundtrack

“delete” is only deleting the options themselves, not the whole thing like it used to before the recent update. How do i delete this unused drop down variations box?

Thank you

Joanna Sefton

Ok, this problem still comes up, but as a work around I have done the following…

Login to the database
    Identify the WP_POSTMETA for the post in question
    Edited the “dropdown_option” meta

There where two extra pipes “|” in the post, so I removed these and committed the update.

Now the blank drop down has gone from the post.

I still cant do this automatically from the admin panel so this is still a bug.

wham

Hmm, please keep in mind that these are just custom fields attached to the product.

if you go to the custom fields area just below where you input your product content (or use screen options to make this section visible) then you can easily edit and delete them from within WordPress.

Does this work for you?

Joanna Sefton

Yes, you can delete the redundant pipes from within wordpress (custom fields area), I realised that later, and it does then delete the unused blank drop down options from the store, however, pressing “delete” to the set of options and it not actually deleting is still a bug that should be looked into and fixed. It always deleted fully before, it no longer does. Manually figuring out that the problem is the extra 2 pipes at the end of the variation string in the “custom fields” area should not be *the* way to delete the variations when there is a delete button. I can see many people not realising you need to press delete, and then also delete 2 small pipes from the custom fields area before it *actually* deletes fully.

Screenshot of the “delete” only half working:
    http://www.sentientcreation.co.uk/steven/wp-content/uploads/variation-bug.jpg

wham

I agree with you fully Joanna! I was not suggesting that it is not a bug – we’re working to fix this. I was offering a solution in the meantime.

Thank you for finding this annoying bug, and for using DukaPress. :):)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Variation options not deleting’ is closed to new replies.
© 2024 DukaPress. All rights reserved.
Design By Madoido.