A very quick way to learn how to work with DukaPress is to import our sample data. Importing this will give you a shop that looks like: DukaPress Demo in two minutes. It can save you a lot of time and hassle as you be able to see exactly how to set up the products and different pages.
How Do You Import DukaPress Sample Data?
Basically, the sample data is located inside a WordPress Export File and importing this into your own WordPress install is very easy.
To import from a WordPress export file into a WordPress site follow these steps.
1. Log into your site as an administrator.
2. Go to Manage: Import (or Tools:Import in 2.7+)in the site’s admin panels.
3. Choose “WordPress” from the list. If you are running WordPress 3.0 or higher, you will be taken through a series of steps that will result in you installing the WordPress Importer plugin.
4. Upload this file using the form provided on that page.
5. You will first be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the site or to create a new user
6. WordPress will then import each of the posts, comments, and categories contained in this file into your site
IMPORTANT NOTE: For some WEIRD reason the products do not show up when run through the WordPress importer. Please try set up just one additional product on your own (not through the importer) and, as if by magic, everything will start working. I’m not sure why this is so, but it works. Remember to clear your browser cache after creating the new product so that the other ones can show…
Where Can you Find The DukaPress Sample Data?
Please look for a file named dukapress_sample_data.xml in the DukaPress Folder that you will download or have downloaded.