3 development problems with dukapress – attached images, shipping & search

Home Forums General Help 3 development problems with dukapress – attached images, shipping & search

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mr B

Hi all,
    I’ve been doing some development using latest wordpress/dukapress/begi theme and have hit 3 problems I’d appreciate any feedback on:

1. Attached Images
    If I upload the correctly cropped and sized images to the media library and attach the image to the new product page, everything is great, grid thumbnail displays OK, and product page thumbnail, main image and zoom all work well.
    If I upload a source image and crop and resize the image within WordPress the image is displayed correctly in the Media Library, but when I attach the image to the product (from Media Library page), the grid and product page thumbnails are the original source image and not the cropped and resized image – any solutions/workrounds or plugins you can recommend to get around this? I’ve tried a load of media manager plugins but they all fail to achieve the desired result.

2. Shipping
    I’ve set up shipping to be weight based to charge a start postage of £2 for the first item and 50p more for each additional item:

All products must be defined as having a weight of 5000 (ie 5kg)

Weight class has been set up using the following settings:

0-6|2#7-12|2.5#13-17|3#18-22|3.5#23-27|4#28-32|4.5#33-37|5#38-42|5.5#43-ul|6

What this translates to is the following:

1 item: £2
    2 items: £2.50
    3 items: £3.00
    4 items: £3.50
    5 items: £4.00
    6 items: £4.50
    7 items: £5.00
    8 items: £5.50
    9 items or more: £6.00

Within the Dukapress checkout this use of the weight class works great, however when the parameters are passed to paypal the shipping is not passed correctly:

1 item Dukapress checkout shows £2.00 shipping (correct), paypal shows £4 (incorrect)
    2 items Dukapress checkout shows £2.50 shipping (correct), paypal shows £5 (incorrect)
    3 items Dukapress checkout shows £3.00 shipping (correct), paypal shows £6 (incorrect)
    etc,etc

I assume that this may be a bug in the script parsing the parameters to paypal, if this is a known bug could you provide a solution, if you don’t have a solution could you point me in the right direction and I’ll post the solution if I can fix it.

3. Dukasearch
    Very simple this, I can’t get this to work at all after following the instructions; I’ve followed the instructions setting up the search page with dp parameters and configured the widget but no luck, search output is the homepage only.

Thanks in advance for any pointers to workarounds for the image handling and fixing paypal shipping, getting the search option working is low priority.

Mr B

Kelvin
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting this Mr. B

1. I’m not sure how we can solve that. I think for now you can try to crop before you upload while we try find a fix to this problem.

2. I think the correct way to write what you want is like this:

VariationName|0-6|7-12;2.5|13-17;3|18-22;3.5|23-27;4|28-32;4.5|33-37;5|38-42;5.5|43-ul;6

Set the base product price to be 2.

You will get: http://nickelpro.com/test/?duka=sample

Notice that the variation prices are incremental and ADD ONTO the base price. On the example product I showed you above, select variations to see how the price changes.

This is why if you select “28-32” the price becomes 6.50 (4.5+2) => 2 is the base product price.

If you think of it this way, the amount sent to PayPal is correct.

3. I’m looking into what could be wrong with the search widget

Mr B

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for your quick reply and workround for the shipping. I’ll test this in the next day or so and if I find any fix to the image issue I’ll post it in this forum.

Cheers,

Mr B

Mr B

Hi Kelvin,

I’ve had a look at the problem with the shipping this afternoon, and rather than use a workaround I dug a bit deeper into your php/Paypal interface. The shipping value sent to paypal via the handling_cart parameter is the calculated shipping scaled by the currency conversion factor.

My dukapress currency setting is GBP. If I use a paypal sandbox account and have the receiving currency as USD then the shipping value is transferred correctly between dukapress and paypal (when it shouldn’t?).

If I use paypal and have the receiving currency as GBP (to match my dukapress setting) dukapress uses a conversion factor and the wrong shipping value is transferred to paypal.

If you can give me any pointers as to a solution that would be really helpful.

Best Regards,

Mr B

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘3 development problems with dukapress – attached images, shipping & search’ is closed to new replies.
© 2024 DukaPress. All rights reserved.
Design By Madoido.