Digital files

Home Forums General Help Digital files

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jenn

I’m trying to find documentation on selling a digital file. Can someone give me a link?

Has anyone successfully used Dukapress to sell ebooks?

Kelvin
    Keymaster

Creating Digital Products
    You do this by following the steps above but you add an additional custom field which will indicate the location of the digital file representing the digital product.

First, you need to upload the file to: /wp-content/uploads/dpsc_download_files

Next, add a custom field with the key digital_file and the value should be the actual File Name of the file representing the digital product. Note that this is case sensitive.

If you are using the graphical user interface, please put the file name in the ‘Digital File’ field.

Digital file security
    The digital files are stored in “/wp-content/uploads/dpsc_download_files/”

The link that is sent to customers is generated by creating a temporary duplicate file in “/wp-content/uploads/dpsc_temp_download_files/”.

So all you have to do is disable directory listing for these directories and you can password protect the “/wp-content/uploads/dpsc_download_files/” for extra precaution.

You can find the steps here:

Prospective User

Hello, Kelvin,

I’m curious about digital file security in DukaPress.

With Cart66 and IIRC eShop, site admins create a non-public file, say in the root directory, for storing digital products such as eBooks. With DukaPress, y’all just password-protect a directory that’s on the web and otherwise publicly accessible??

I’m no computer programmer, but wouldn’t things be more secure when digital goods are stored in a file that’s not on the internet than one that is, only password-protected!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Digital files’ is closed to new replies.
© 2024 DukaPress. All rights reserved.
Design By Madoido.