VAT Calculations Incorrect

Home Forums Bugs VAT Calculations Incorrect

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by Bonnie Chumney.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steven

Hi there.
    We’ve used DukaPress Shopping Card on a website and we’re having problems with the way the VAT is calculated not adding up correctly. The way DukaPress works it out is as follows:-

Sub-Total: 44.45
    Discount: -0.00
    Tax: +8.89
    Shipping: +9.50
    Total: +62.84

From what I can gather, it basically works out the VAT on the subtotal, but it does not include the VAT on the delivery, which is basically producing a receipt unsuitable for UK VAT Legislation as it’s all be calculated incorrectly.

The calculation should be:-

Sub-Total: 44.45
    Shipping: +9.50
    Discount: -0.00
    Tax: +10.47
    Total: +62.84

This needs correcting in the cart, the order logs and also in the PDF generated invoices which we send to our customers.

Are you able to either advise us how to correct this (although we have had a go at modifying the code ourselves but didnt have much joy due to the PDF encoding), or resolve the issue – it’s something we need working asap as we are currently having to offer free delivery just to get around the problem so that people can still use the invoices as VAT receipts.

Thanks for your help, and other than that, an incredibly practical and easy to use shopping cart system!

Steven

wham

Steven, I’m sorry you ran into this. 🙁

Let’s blame it on the different tax regimes of this world.

Please email us at duka(at)dukapress.org. if it is okay with you, we’ll charge $10 to make this customization.

Steven

Perfect – I’ve sent the email to you now…

Many thanks for your help and I look forward to you being able to resolve this 🙂

Steven

Hello again.

We have sent numerous emails to the Dukapress email address as advised to by Wham, but have not had any further correspondence as we are desperately needing to get this VAT issue sorted now.

Can someone please get in touch and arrange for these changes to be made – I’m still willing to pay as advised previously.

Many thanks,

Steven

Steven

Hello again – please can someone from DukaPress reply to this thread and help please – This matter is getting pretty urgent now! Thank you.

Bonnie Chumney

Perhaps what is needed are premium sales tax add-ons for the different countries? Here in the United States we only collect sales tax on items purchased by customers in our home states, and we do not collect sales tax on the shipping cost. I know I would be willing to pay for the add-on, as it is a much needed item in US. We cannot collect taxes on sales to other states, so our only alternative, using Dukapress, is to pay the sales tax on sales made in our home state out of our own pockets. Not a great alternative, particularly if you sale a lot of products in your home state! Something along the lines of that used currently for shipping would probably work well. We could select our home state out of the 50 available states and then put in the percentage of tax to be added to the subtotal of the invoices, before shipping is added, as the value tax for home state sales.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.
© 2024 DukaPress. All rights reserved.
Design By Madoido.