Grid Display; Where do I find Cat. ID and image?

Home Forums General Help Grid Display; Where do I find Cat. ID and image?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Wendy

Hi,

I want to add the category ID into the shortcode for the grid display, but where the heck do I find it?

I added the shortcode to a page called products, but the page only shows text. How do I add the thumbnail to the grid display?

Thanks

Anil

Click on category link under product menu left side, there you will find the category id.
    Just bring the cursor on category name & edit and copy the edit link. it will be like this
    http://yoursite.com/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?action=edit&taxonomy=category&tag_ID=45&post_type=duka

In the url the tag id is your category is (45 in above example)

Thea

I’m especially interested in the answer to the second question: how do I make the thumbnails appear on the grid page? I only see text. See for example here: http://www.chezthea.nl/nicosia-garage-sale/big-furniture/

Thanks for your help!

Thea

BTW, I used this as the short code: [dpsc_grid_display category=”89” total=”50″ column=”2″ per_page=”20″ type=”duka” order=”DESC”]

Thea

Sorry, me again… I read some documentation, and I just want to add some things I have tried already:
    – the images show fine in the product pages, the only pages where they are consistently missing is where ever I use the grid.
    – it is a problem with every theme I’ve tried, so it’s not my theme that’s causing this.
    – permission on the cache folder inside the dukapress folder is set to 0777.
    – I read in the documentation that, for the grid to show properly, there needs to be at least one custom field in the products. There are two (generated by Dukapress, though, not by me): price and new_price.

Thanks again,
    T

wham
    Thea

I saw that, but the images work OK everywhere else. Only the thumbnails don’t show. They also don’t appear as broken images, the whole image is ‘ignored’.
    Are you sure this is the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Kelvin
    Keymaster

I am quite sure that the problem is this one. It is the images generated by Timthumb which do not work okay.

Thea

Ah, thanks for that clarification! I thought the whole pics would be gone then. I’ll give it a try.

wham

Did it work?

Rachel

I use wordpress and this was my solution to the same problem.

If your images still aren’t showing up in the grid display, try attaching the images in the media library. Go to the media library, click on “attach”, then select the product it belongs to.

A word of caution, though, once you attach an image you can’t unattach it. At least wordpress hasn’t gotten around to doing that just yet.

Hope this helps.

PitersGriffing

I found the answer in google, remove the topic pls.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Grid Display; Where do I find Cat. ID and image?’ is closed to new replies.
© 2024 DukaPress. All rights reserved.
Design By Madoido.