add to cart button problem

Home Forums General Help add to cart button problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Mike

A while ago I followed your instruction to replace the add to cart button with a custom button saying out of stock. This works fine in google chrome but I have had some customers complain that it looks messed up in internet explorerer. I checked it out a few days ago and it looks like you can see both out of stock and add to cart together on the button. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

Kelvin
    Keymaster

How about you check out DukaPress 2.3.5? This problem is fixed (meaning that the “out of stock” is generated by the software default)

Mike

Is this an official update? I would prefer to update through wordpress itself.

Mike

Is there any way to change the color of the out of stock button?

Kelvin
    Keymaster

It is now officially released so please upgrade to 2.3.5

As for the out of stock button, it should be possible to change color by CSS (using ideas similar to those here: http://dukapress.org/blog/2011/03/18/replacing-add-to-cart-with-out-of-stock/ )

Something like this should work:

.dpsc_submit_button:disabled{
    background-color:#999999!important;
    }

Where #999999 is your color code.

Specifically:

Mike

any other ideas? that didnt work.

Kelvin
    Keymaster

It should work! Thanks for being persistent at this, it led to the discovery of a tiny, tiny bug that was preventing this (just changing one line of php).

Line 210 of dp-products.php should be:
    if ($dp_shopping_cart_settings[‘dp_shop_inventory_soldout’] === ‘yes’ && $all_custom_fields[‘currently_in_stock’][0] < 1) { Unfortunately it is a small bug and if you want to wait for the *offical release to fix, it may take a little while. If you are not comfy with changing the code, please get the file from here: http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/dukapress/trunk/php/

Mike

Hmm, still didn’t work. When i refresh i see the color change but then goes right back to the same color as add to cart. I restarted my webserver, deleted my cache and still does the same thing.

Kelvin
    Keymaster

May I see the site please?

Mike
    Kelvin
    Keymaster

Hmm, the problem is that your theme is made in a way that it overides what were trying to do

I think skin.css line 257

Please try and use this instead:

.dpsc_submit_button:disabled {
    background-color: #345!important;
    background: none!important;
    }

Please tell me if this works?

Mike61704

Well that changed it but now its just grey, no matter what number I put in it does not change.

Mike61704

ahh, i changed it to this and it worked!!

.dpsc_submit_button:disabled {
    background-color: #345!important;
    background: #345!important;
    }

Could this be a reason why my order logs dont show up? now that I think about it, remember when I was having this issue and you guys couldnt figure it out? Could the skin be preventing the display of the orders? Other than that this would be perfect.

Kelvin
    Keymaster

Ys, it is very possible that your active theme (or even an active plugin) has something (normally tiny javascript errors) that cause the malfunction.

Also, I am SUPER glad it finally worked 🙂

Mike61704

how hard would it be to track down why my orders are showing up?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘add to cart button problem’ is closed to new replies.
© 2024 DukaPress. All rights reserved.
Design By Madoido.